Double Edge Safety Razor Shaving Kit - Metallic Black
Searching for the best eco-friendly gift? Pair our plastic-free razors with our matching holders to make the ideal shaving kit for men and women! Plantish's Double Edge Safety Razors with 5 FREE razor blades provide a perfectly clean shave and are a great alternative to flimsy disposable razors. Our holders are designed to keep razors hygienic, dry, and away from clutter. Save money while reducing plastic with our shaving gift set, the top must-have for your zero-waste bathroom!
We recommend using an all natural soap bar to get the most of your razor.
- metallic black safety razor (11 x 5cm/4.3 x 9.1in)
- matching razor holder
- a recyclable box
- 5 free blades
- cost-effective and rust-free: save money by only replacing the double edge blades, with the handle lasting a lifetime.
- environmentally friendly: plastic-free and zero waste. no need to buy a single-use disposable razor ever again! PLUS when you're finished with the blade, it's 100% recyclable
- superior, ultra-gentle shave: provides the closest cut to your skin, removing all hairs, without a single irritation for silky smooth skin. It also prevents ingrown hairs and the shaving rash
- travel friendly: Whether you're going on the road, having a sleepover, or going on a vacay, our zero waste safety razor can go with you wherever you go
Step 1: Exfoliate beforehand
- to accomplish the clean smooth shave, smooth the skin by exfoliating the desired area
Step 2: Condition with cream/oil/soap
- apply and lather your skin with your usual shaving gel, cream or soap
Step 3: Shave wet and warm
- for best practices, wait until the end of a hot shower or bath to shave, whenever possible.
- shave in the direction of your hairs (ex. if your hairs are facing down, shave using downward strokes)
- hold the handle at a 30-45 degree angle and gently glide the razor over the desired area, against the direction of the hair growth
Step 4: Clean off & Store
- pat dry and avoid rubbing; this could create friction and irritation to the skin
- rinse and dry your razor and razor blade
- place your razor into the holder to keep it upright, dry, and away from contaminated surfaces
- moisturize the shaved area with your usual cream
*switch a blade every 5-8 uses and store safety razor in holder after every use. life span will vary based on the frequency of use, storage conditions, handling, etc*
- clean your razor after every use with warm water then dry it off with a cloth
- store it in your razor holder to keep away from moisture and contact with other surfaces
- avoid leaving it in the shower or tub
- once your blade becomes dull, you can recycle them
- pharmacies and local drug stores will often provide sharps containers upon request for the used blades. or you can bring used blades to your local scrap metal recycling for safe disposal
- use short strokes when using and do not apply pressure
- if you notice any dragging, it's time to swap out for a fresh new blade
How is it Safe?
- With a safety razor, the hair is cut once at skin level instead of below skin level like a cartridges blades.
- The head of the blade is bent so that when the blade is positioned at the right angle, it maximizes the efficiency of the shave and minimizes the number of cuts.
- Unlike multi-blade razors, safety razors use a single double-edge blade that doesn't tug and pull to create skin irritation.
- You can unscrew the head and flip the blade to avoid cutting yourself or others.